U4IDS will be the single Identity Solution and architecture for the Unit4 eco-system, allowing users to have one single identity for log on across multiple applications. The following features are included:
Unit4 Federation gateway
- Provides as a federation gateway to the each customer organization’s Identity Provider or identity solution
- Standardizes on OpenID Connect for authentication
- Supports native clients and browser-based clients (through Implicit flow and Hybrid flow).
- Enables secure machine-to-machine communication between services (through Client Credentials flow).
- Supports multi-tenant applications.
- Supports the following identity provider protocols:
- SAML 2.0 protocols
- OpenID Connect
The identity providers are most likely enterprise management systems such as Azure AD or ADFS etc., U4IDS supports communication with these providers using the supported protocols.
U4IDS also comes with an administrator toolkit where administrators can register new clients, tenants and scopes. Registration of configurational data through:
- Http Web API
- Powershell commandlets