Unit4 Identity Services 1.0.0 release notes
Release 6th May 2016
About this release
This release is version 1.0.0 of the Unit4 Identity Services (U4IDS). These release notes contain important information about U4IDS and provides an overview of features included in this release, important information, bug fixes and known issues.
Features included in this release
U4IDS will be the single Identity Solution and architecture for the Unit4 eco-system, allowing users to have one single identity for log on across multiple applications. The following features are included in this release:
- Provides as a federation gateway to the each customer organization’s Identity Provider or identity solution
- Standardizes on OpenID Connect for authentication
- Supports multi-tenant applications
- Supports the following external identity provider protocols:
- SAML 2.0 protocols
- OpenID Connect
- Allows web API and Powershell based administration of tenants, clients and scopes
- Allows external claims transformation/harmonization and introduces Unit4 Identity claim
- Supports native clients and browser-based clients (through Implicit flow and Hybrid flow)
- Enables secure machine-to-machine communication between services (through Client Credentials flow)
- Supports both on-premise and cloud deployment (on-premise option has since been removed)
- Includes online documentation, including adoption and guidance material
Bugs fixed in this release
- There is a known issue with token validation in the Admin API when using an external identity provider for administrators. We advise using basic authentication for the Admin API until this is fixed in the next update.
- The caching of configuration is set to 60 minutes by default and is not updated when updating the configuration through the Admin API. This is inconvenient in test scenarios and will be improved in the next update.