Unit4 Identity Services 3.2.0 release notes
Released Mars 8th 2019
About this release
This release is version 3.2.0 of the Unit4 Identity Services (U4IDS). These release notes contain important information about U4IDS and provide an overview of features included in this release, important information, bug fixes and known issues.
Features included in this release
The following features are included in this release:
PowerShell support for Localized screens
Support for operations on ScopeTitle via Powershell commands. You now are able to:
- Initialize a scope title object and add it to a scope.
- Import titles in json format from a .txt or .csv file and batch add them to a scope.
- Get a title of a scope by its id, or get the full list of titles of a scope.
- Delete a title from a scope by its id.
Possible to se history of deleted items in the portal
You have not been able to see the history of deleted Tenants, scopes and clients since they are removed from the database and therefore not shown. Now there is an option to chose to view the history of deleted items by clicking the view deleted button over the items list.
Performance fixes for the portal
Some tuning has been done to make the portal less slow. Let us know if you still experience any problems.
Better handling of the database migrations on upgrade
The AdminAPI now has a much better fault handling when starting up. Earlier, there was a problem when several instances started at the same time, but this should now be handled.
But if the startup of the AdminAPI service takes more than 2 minutes in total, the service will do a hard restart, and the database migration (which is part of the startup) will stay in an undefined state. In this case, restarting the service will not help. You will have to set the new MigrationAction setting to force and maybe also increase the CommandTimeout. In addition, you will have to update the web.config file in Azure manually, to increase startupTimeLimit (part of the <aspNetCore> tag). The default value is 120 (2 minutes).
In general, startup should only take a few seconds, so this is only in very special circumstances.
Handle scope links in core screens
The Consent and User Permission screens should have buttons to link to scope details.
Bugs fixed in this release
- Fixed: The HasClient flag on scopes was not always correctly set.
- Fixed: Duplicate AppSetting for ApiSecret
- Fixed: Missing security headers in API site
- Fixed: Crash in JSon serialization of Audits from API
- Fixed: Internal server error in UserPermission screens with localized scopes
- Fixed: Localization setting is lost or wrongly read/interpreted
- U4IDS does not have a feature to store SAML IdP metadata. IdP metadata must be accessible publicly on the provider site, or placed on a publically available place (e.g. DropBox, Azure Storage, OneDrive or similar).
- Since IDS 3.1.0 we no longer support the v1 administration interfaces
- Migration from v1 administration interfaces must be done on IDS 2.1 first. There is no migration solution from 1.x directly to 3.2.0.
- Migrating from 3.0/3.1 to 3.2 can take a long time if the Audits table is large
- The Redis reconnect functionality in 3.1 have been removed.
- Secret history is no longer a separate command, but can be found in the scope and client history.
- 3.2.1 - Fixed bug Authorize request's tenant parameter is case sensitive, should be case insensitive.