Unit4 Identity Services 3.5.0 release notes
Released November 8th 2019
About this release
This release is version 3.5.0 of the Unit4 Identity Services (U4IDS) that consists of IDS Core, IDS API, IDS API SDK, IDS PowerShell, AccessManagement SDK and the IDS Portal. These release notes contain important information about U4IDS and provide an overview of features included in this release, important information, bug fixes and known issues. Note: The IDS API SDK, IDS PowerShell and AccessManagement have not been updated and the latest version will still be 3.4
Features included in this release
The following features are included in this release:
Portal shows ids that is configured in app settings in list of configured ids instances
When you set up the Portal you need to configure one IDS using app settings before you can start using it. Then you can add additional Ids instances using the guide. To prevent confusion the original Ids is now also shown in the list. It is off course not possible to edit or delete it.
Portal search for Tenant name
In the Tenant list you have only been able to search for Tenant id and description. Now you can also search for Tenant name.
IDS show current ids version in discovery endpoint
If you go to the ./identity/discovery endpoint you can now see the released version as CurrentIdsVersion.
Bugs fixed in this release
- Fixed: U4IDS Fixed the wrong redirect on logout for ws-federation and openid connect.
- Fixed: U4IDS Fixed only to see Tenants that allow partial login in the partial login screen.
- Fixed: U4IDS When subject id case has changed in idp the user cant log in.
- Fixed: U4IDS Wrong default fileversion in identityservice options.
- Fixed: U4IDS Portal Fixed a bug with getting an exception while trying to log in without being a registered user, preventing users from requesting access.
- Fixed: U4IDS Portal Fixed the "Validating the 'at_hash' failed" error when logging in to IDS4
- Fixed: U4IDS Portal Possible to create client claims without value
- U4IDS does not have a feature to store SAML IdP metadata. IdP metadata must be accessible publicly on the provider site or placed on a publically available place (e.g. DropBox, Azure Storage, OneDrive or similar).
- Since IDS 3.1.0 we no longer support the v1 administration interfaces
- Migration from v1 administration interfaces must be done on IDS 2.1 first. There is no migration solution from 1.x directly to 3.3.0.
- Migrating from 3.0/3.1/3.2 to 3.4 can take a long time if the Audits table is large
- The Redis reconnect functionality in 3.1 have been removed.
- IDS Portal Client/Scope Secret history is no longer a separate command but can be found in the scope and client history.
- There is a bug when logging in using ws-federation that sometimes causes the system to hang. This requires a restart of IDS. It is released to a known bug in the Katana framework that will not get fixed, so the solution will be to move IDS to identityserver4 and .Net Core.