This action is in preview mode. Functionality might change in the final version.
The Decrypt action converts ciphertext back to plaintext. This makes it possible to retrieve previously encrypted data.
- Insert ciphertext data inside File content (you can also insert data referring to a previous step by clicking the add [+] button).
- Insert the matching public and private RSA/PGP key (received from a third party service or one that you have previously generated).
- (Optional) If the private key is protected, you must provide the passphrase.
Extension Kit supports both RSA and PGP keys for both decrypting and verifying. Please note that the key content has been shortened for documentation purposes.
Keys must be used as they are generated, with no modifications done in them to avoid faulty keys.
- Example of Public RSA key:
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY----- j+TgseJangU6imik5mL0qYg9523FcukXfS9MH+qgisF1DotW1C9BADUKd0okqWUZ [...] -----END PUBLIC KEY-----
- Example of Private RSA key:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- MIIJKAIBAAKCAgEAkx8U2Yv7KUQbzspGzcNv/s8SY168tVK55HjG/lKDaBi0SWPi [...] -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
- Example of Public PGP key:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- Version: Keybase OpenPGP v1.0.0 Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto xsFNBGMz9zABEADLYAjUH0+kZQtjMuDcZ3r4+IarVQRT+4+nFgMOZd1T+Laomz24 [...] -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
- Example of Private PGP key:
-----BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK----- Version: Keybase OpenPGP v1.0.0 Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto xcaGBGMz9zABEADLYAjUH0+kZQtjMuDcZ3r4+IarVQRT+4+nFgMOZd1T+Laomz24 [...] -----END PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----
NOTE: The type of key being used is automatically determined by the system. User action is not required.
The signature verification authenticates the user by validating the signature using the public PGP key of the message signer. Both RSA and PGP keys are supported for signing.
You can Insert a Signature public key by clicking on the corresponding drop down panel.