This action is in preview mode. Functionality might change in the final version.
The Encrypt action converts plaintext to ciphertext, always encasing it in an ASCII armor so it can be sent through standard messaging, for example, email. This makes it possible to send data securely to third-party services.
- Insert plaintext data inside file content (you can also insert data referring to a previous step by clicking the add [+] button).
- Insert a public RSA/PGP key of choice (received from a third party service or one that you have generated).
- Select the cipher algorithm of choice (CAST5, BLOWFISH or AES-256).
- (Optional) Select the Use session key checkbox if you want to generate an additional encryption layer.
Extension Kit supports both RSA and PGP keys for both encrypting and signing. Please note that the key content has been shortened for documentation purposes.
Keys must be used as they are generated, with no modifications done in them to avoid faulty keys.
- Example of Public RSA key:
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY----- j+TgseJangU6imik5mL0qYg9523FcukXfS9MH+qgisF1DotW1C9BADUKd0okqWUZ [...] -----END PUBLIC KEY-----
- Example of Private RSA key:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- MIIJKAIBAAKCAgEAkx8U2Yv7KUQbzspGzcNv/s8SY168tVK55HjG/lKDaBi0SWPi [...] -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
- Example of Public PGP key:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- Version: Keybase OpenPGP v1.0.0 Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto xsFNBGMz9zABEADLYAjUH0+kZQtjMuDcZ3r4+IarVQRT+4+nFgMOZd1T+Laomz24 [...] -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
- Example of Private PGP key:
-----BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK----- Version: Keybase OpenPGP v1.0.0 Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto xcaGBGMz9zABEADLYAjUH0+kZQtjMuDcZ3r4+IarVQRT+4+nFgMOZd1T+Laomz24 [...] -----END PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----
NOTE: The type of key being used is automatically determined by the system. User action is not required.
The signature authenticates the user. Both RSA and PGP keys are supported for signing.
- Select one of the provided hash algorithms (MD2, MD5, RIPE-MD/160, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512).
- Insert a matching Signature private key and Signature public key.
- (Optional) If the Signature private key is protected, you must provide the passphrase.